Tuesday, February 15, 2011

7 months...

Miss Ainsley is 7 months old today.  Here are some updates on her:

She's a shorty - like her mom.  She was only 24.5 inches at her 6 month check up - just shy of the 25th percentile.  I made a comment that she was tiny.  Her pediatrician pointed out that if stays on her current trajectory she'll still be taller than me - so that's something.  She weighed in at 15 pounds 4 ounces.  Since her percentile keeps dropping, she's getting another weigh in tomorrow.  I think she'll be fine because the girl eats...

She has loved the addition of solid foods.  She doesn't like egg yolks or yogurt.  Everything else she loves.  (Some things - like peaches - took a few tries).   She is good at feeding herself - especially the little Gerber puffs.  She tries to eat everything we eat.  In fact, the closest she has come to crawling is when we are eating and she is trying to get to food.

She hasn't crawled yet, but she can scoot.  I am amazed at all of the things she can get into for someone who can't really move.  I'm actually looking forward to when she starts crawling, because now she just gets frustrated when she can't reach things.

I think some personality traits are starting to come out.  She is very determined when she wants something.  The girl does not give up easily.  She is dramatic, but very very sweet.  She loves when she makes you laugh, and tries to keep doing it. She is a total mama's girl.  She really struggles when I leave the room - especially if I walk down the hall toward the front door - and she thinks I'm gone.  She holds her breath when she's upset - and has come close to passing out because of it (which is really scary).  Every day our interactions with her are more and more fun.  She loves when Kenny and I are both in the room and she can talk, laugh and play with both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment