It is unbelievable to me that Ainsley Jane is nine months old. She has now been around for longer than I knew that I was pregnant with her. It's amazing to me how much we've grown and changed over these last few months. Her 9 month check up got pushed back (due to a sick baby visit that replaced it) so I don't know how tall she is, but she now weighs a whopping 17 lbs 6 ounces.
Her favorite things to do are:
- Pull herself up on everything - the coffee table, her green chair, her new "activity table," my legs, our kitchen step stool, cabinets...just about anything that will support her.
- Cruise around the table to the couch.
- Knock over towers of blocks.
- Crawl all over the house.
- "Read" books.
- Chase any paper she can get her hands on.
She's a very active baby and has the bruises to prove it. She is fearless when it comes to trying new things. All that activity is wearing her out and most nights (knock on wood) she sleeps from 7 to 6:15ish to recover. Kenny and I are enjoying the extra sleep and time to recover at night.
She is so funny and happy. She loves to wave, clap and laugh. If adults are in the room and laugh about something, she'll join in. If we tell her not to climb on something (usually the entertainment center) she'll wave and clap.
She is very independent. She prefers exploring to being held by anyone. Despite this, she often cries when we leave the room. Also, she is still facing a bit of stranger danger. If I hand her off to someone and she doesn't know them very well it will lead to this:
But we are working on it, and it eventually (sometimes) works out to this:
Just this weekend she's starting to try out talking. She says "Mama" and "Dadddd," "Up," and "Hi," but they usually are more "mamamamamamama" and "dadadadadada" and not really applied to anything. If I say "Say Mama," (or any of her other three "words") I get a "mama" back about a fifth of the time. I'm in no hurry for her to grow up. We are having a great time in this stage.



No comments:
Post a Comment